Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Host of Tall Tales

Understand? Is that too much to ask?

Take my hand, discard the mask

Unwilling to try, unable to see

Living with closed eyes, blind to me

Sinking low my heart is broken

Never know the words unspoken

I am a ghost that goes unseen

My host is misery, my dreams what do they mean?

Wondering why this all has to be

Accepting the lie, and the not wanting of me

Unable to let go, something makes me wait

I don’t want to know if it’s too late

Torn at the seams, my heart builds a fence

Having these dreams that don’t make sense

Lingering there you won’t go away

I want you to care but you won’t stay

Inside my dreams to you I matter

I tried to make it true but now I’m shattered

I always fail to make you see

My dreams are only tall tales and we will never be…

No comments:

Post a Comment