Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Dusty Box

The wires of my brain are arranged so that I�m insane
I feel you in my veins and when it rains the ache in my heart remains
I can�t explain why I cling to this, but my strength I much maintain
But I guess I can�t complain, I allowed my heart to take hold of this pain

Slipping off my fingertips my lips forget your lips
I hear the dripping of the rain as my heart beat skips
I equipped my heart with strips of wire to get you to loosen your grip
With bloody hands you rip them off and jump back on your ship

And now I�m free of thee and I smile up with glee
Now a memory to me I don�t wonder what could be
And now I see the answer to my pleas was getting you too flee
I used to disagree with your decree that we would never be

With open eyes I can sever my ties and whisper my last goodbyes to you
I remember all your lies and all the times you ignored my cries
I saw that disguise those fake red eyes you plastered on face
You try to deny that plan that you devised

And now you can�t retrace, erase the events that took place
I�ve misplaced my feelings of our last embrace, shoved them to that empty space
Inside my mind they are encased, never to see the light of this place
Alone they sit not just in case; I never wish to see your face

Collecting dust, surely this is a must
Keep them locked away so forever there they stay�

1 comment: